2. Chicken with Mushrooms
Chicken with mushrooms is quick, simple, and very flavorful. This dish is a perfect thing to throw together and when you are eating it, you may wonder why you don’t make it more frequently. The mushrooms also make a fancy addition to this dish. This dish is great for a simple dinner or two, a family, or dinner guests.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 lb crimini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place flour in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan over high heat. Fry the chicken until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate and cover. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add thyme, mushrooms, and remaining oil. Sauté until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
4. Deglaze pan with wine and stock, stirring to get all the brown bits off the bottom. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to the pan and heat through. Garnish with parsley.