3. Chicken Piccata
While the recipe originally came from Italy and used veal, it is just as enjoyable with chicken. This dish is simple to put together and is very good. It’s also perfect for a quick dinner.
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup flour, for dredging
3 tbsp margarine
5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 5 tbsp olive oil. Add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
3. Remove, transfer and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the other chicken cutlets.
4. Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
5. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
6. Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp margarine to the sauce. Stir until incorporated. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.