5. Pan-Roasted Chicken with Rosemary
The rosemary in this recipe takes the roasted chicken to a different level. This dish also seems very luxurious, as it is served with a stock reduction. This recipe goes great with a side of roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
2 fresh rosemary sprigs, stems removed
4 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 lbs chicken thigh and legs
freshly ground black pepper
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
1 cup chicken broth/stock
2 tbsp margarine
1. In a processor, mix together the rosemary, 2 garlic cloves, and 2 tbsp oil Blend, rub the mixture all over the chicken, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pat skin side of chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Turn the chicken pieces over and transfer into the oven. Roast for another 20-25 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
5. Return the skillet back to the burner. Over medium heat, add the shallot, thyme, and remaining garlic in to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the shallot starts to become translucent.
6. Add your broth and continue cooking, scraping up browned bits, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the margarine. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve!