1/4 cup water
1/2 cup flour
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 large eggplant
salt to taste
pepper to taste
2 scallions chopped (optional)
chopped parsley (garnish)
1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water until evenly incorporated. In another shallow bowl, sprinkle flour evenly, and in a third, spread out the breadcrumbs.
2. Slice eggplant to 1/4-inch thick.
3. Fill a heavy-bottomed pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Coat eggplant slices with flour. Dip eggplant into the egg mixture, and generously coat the eggplant slices in breadcrumbs.
4. Carefully place eggplant slices, one at a time, into the hot oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan, you don’t want soggy eggplant! Fry on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, 2-4 minutes per side. Set the finished eggplant slices on a paper towel, and repeat until all the eggplant slices are fried.
5. Garnish with scallions, parsley and serve with some tomato sauce on the side. Enjoy!