Chocolate Brownie Cake
1 stick unsalted margarine, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
3 tbs all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk plus 3 large egg whites, room temperature, divided
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the pan with the margarine and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Melt the margarine and chocolate in a bowl set over a double boiler (bowl over simmering water), stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in 3/4 cup sugar.
2. Slowly whisk in egg yolk, then cocoa powder and salt.
3. Beat egg whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy. Raise speed to medium-high, gradually beat in remaining 2 tbsp sugar, and beat until soft, glossy peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. Gently, fold the flour into your chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula, then fold in the egg whites.
5. Transfer the batter into your greased pan, and bake until set, about 30-35 minutes.
6.Let the cake cool. Dust with cocoa powder before serving. Enjoy!