Citrus and Fennel Salad
1 large pink grapefruit or orange
1 medium fennel bulb
1 small bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
1. Cut off top and bottom ends of grapefruit and stand it on a flat side. Starting at the top of the fruit, cut off all peel and white parts, following curve of the fruit with your knife. Working over a bowl, cut between the membranes, dropping grapefruit segments into the bowl.
2. Squeeze juice from the remaining parts of the grapefruit into a small bowl. Add olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut off the end of the fennel and discard. Using a mandolin, slice the fennel bulb into thin slices.
4. Combine the fennel with the cut citrus and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Arrange salad on platter. Drizzle with citrus juice mixture and serve!