- Prep Time
- 15 mins
- Cook Time
- 2 hrs 50 mins
- 1 pot roast
- Difficulty Level Easy
This is a recipe for pot roast. I like to make this when I am having company over. It’s one of those dishes that is great when you have many people coming over.
The roast is braised with veggies and cooked until tender. It makes the house smell amazingly delicious, and once you throw everything in the pot you don’t have to do much for a few hours as the meat is cooking.
The roast cooks for a few hours, making it more moist and delicious as the hours go by. I usually serve with a potato dish and a veggie side. I’m sure you will make this recipe over and over again. Enjoy!
- 1, 4-5lb prime boneless beef chuck roast, tied
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 5 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cups good red wine, such as Burgundy
- 1, 28oz can whole plum tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
No Steps Found !