This is a recipe for poached halibut. This is a deliciously flavorful dish that’s cooked in the healthiest way. The fish is poached in a broth made in minutes that is flavored by bold flavors.
This is a perfect way to prepare your food if you are weight conscience or living a healthy lifestyle. You can substitute with any fillet of fish that is your favorite. Serve with your favorite side and a slice of lemon.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started!
1-2 lbs fillet of fish (halibut and salmon are my faves)
2 shallots, halved
1 fennel, quartered
2 lemons, sliced
1 long hot pepper
1 tsp salt
1 cup wine
3 cups water
1. Clean and cut your shallots in half.
2. Next, cut the fennel into quarters.
3. Slice your lemon.
4. In a sauce pot, combine all of the aromatics together.
5. Add wine and bring to a boil.
6. Once the broth has come to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let the flavors melt together for 2-3 mins.
7. Then, add in your fish. Over a light simmer, cook until opaque (about 3 minutes).
8. Remove the fillet and serve with a few tbsp of the broth. Season to taste, and enjoy!