This honey cake is a buttery loaf of goodness. I decided to spice up my grandma’s original recipe and added some ground ginger to the batter.
Warmth fills your home with the smell of honey and ginger. The honey makes it perfectly sweet without overpowering the other flavors.
Once it comes out of the oven, you will not be able to wait until it has completely cooled to eat it. I ate it warm. It was beyond delicious.
This is one recipe you will be making over and over again. Enjoy!
To print or save this recipe, click here.
16 tbsp butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp honey
2 cups flour, sifted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs to butter mixture one egg at a time, mixing to make sure each is fully incorporated. Mix in zest, vanilla and honey.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, ginger and baking soda. With the mixer set on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is just incorporated.
5. Line 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf and parchment paper. Let cool for another 30 minutes on a cooking rack. Slice and enjoy!