1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
grated zest of 1 large orange
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup cold buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in cranberries.
3. Stir in buttermilk and mix until a dough forms. When the dough can be handled by hand, turn it out on a lightly floured work surface and knead until the dough comes together.
4. Divide dough into two sections. Roll out each piece into a circle that is 1-inch in thickness. Cut each round into 6 wedges.
5. Sprinkle the tops of the wedges with the sugar. Repeat for second round of dough.
6. Arrange the wedges on a baking sheet, 1/2-inch apart. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!