Stuffed French Toast with Nutella
1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
5 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
4 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup nutella
8 slices white bread
1-2 tbsp unsalted butter
powdered sugar for garnish
1. Toss strawberries with 3 tbsp granulated sugar and set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, remaining sugar, milk, and vanilla.
3. Spread nutella on 4 slices bread and top with remaining slices.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Dip both sides of the nutella sandwiches in egg mixture and add to skillet, working in batches if necessary.
5. Cook until undersides are golden, 2 minutes, then flip and cook 2 minutes. To serve, dust sandwiches with confectioners’ sugar and top with strawberries.